my journey to find metal...yes, its a crappy titel...

Posted by Stephanie On Sunday, August 2, 2009 0 comments

holidays are coming and my high school frens ( we're quite close) invites me to spent some time with them. i felt bad that i always declined their invitation. the projects really occupied my time and our holiday schedule timing is off. hahaha( wait, why am i laughing?) anyways, doing the fashion design project and i find it really fun to use mix media. yesterday, went hunting for materials so that no need to see my money fly away from my wallet. ( takes great pain in seeing my wallet empty). the hardest material to find was the copper metal. i dunno how many hardware shops i went walking under the sun, hoping that they won't need it and just give it to me instead. ( yes, im a cheapskate) but if they do sell it then i'll buy it cause its hard to find. but alas, some hardware shops dunno whats copper and some don't sell or have it. ( some told me where to find it but they dun have it (T-T)) I could actually go on the whole day to find it but i have church at and a pastor birthday dinner to attend. my mom was about to send me to church. on the way, she was hungry so we take a pit stop. but i wasn't in a mood to eat... park the car and was passing by some grocery shop. my eyes was still wandering around to find it and my thoughts were occupied thinking " WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIND IT?" in the grocery shop, i saw they have some empty biscuit tins and the colour was just right (even though its not copper). i was like yelling "YES!!" and this old lady behind me got a heart attack ( no, she didn't really get a heart attack... just got shock) me and my mom went to shop and ask whether they could give or sell it and they said yes. i added telling them that i just need the tin not the biscuits. the lady was shock too thinking why the hell do i need it... it was all written all over her wrinkling forehead. she agrees and told her worker to find it. at first, the worker just take a look behind and say none. at first, his attitude was all like crap. then, my mom talk to him nicely telling him to try find it again cause i need it for the project ( yea, she told him that). his attitude changes when he heard that i need it for project and when we talk to him nicely. he even got me a nicer tin which is not dirty or covered with rust and cobwebs. paid for it and went to church and was so happy that i finally found it. so all this hard work must not go to waste!!! i shed sweat to find this metal! so i have to make sure that this project will come out well!


(after everything that i have gone through yesterday, i was exhausted like this vampire cat)lol.




0 comments: