The great awareness comes slowly, piece by piece

Posted by Stephanie On Saturday, February 12, 2011 0 comments


I better just write this down before the feelings gone. I have my doubts in my artwork when it was submitted along with Jon's and Jeannie's handcrafts to the Pipit. I wasn't that confident and I try to stay positive and believe its ok. however, Jon and Jeannie pointed out my mistakes. and my sister also gave me some critique on my artwork that was submitted ( i rarely ask her abt this cause i want to learn on my own and try not to rely on her too much otherwise i wouldn't learn at all) . You could say it did bring my spirits down. no, i wasn't mad at them. but just like...whoah... where did my motivation go?? I thought abt it the whole day. and i told myself it was rather silly to keep thinking and feeling like S.H.I.T. in fact, im glad that they actually say something cause otherwise i wouldn't learn a bloody thing. i would probably stick to being bad at it! of course, its best not to take it to heart but reconsider their critique.
well, its a learning process to learn to accept opinions. im usually quite stubborn on this but hey, im learning.
as i look back, i thought of many things i have done, although i didn't win anything but i was actually impressed like : hey, you know what? i actually join something. i actually did something without saying oh its a waste of time, i can't do it, blah blah blah..... negative comments... ( I dun usually say these cause its really bad for you) you could say, im proud of myself, i did something, yep, i didn't win but hey, i learn something and im actually quite satisfied :) i have no regrets and its actually a good feeling but that does not mean that u have to keep failing!! lol, u have to strive to do ur best. but try not to kill urself!!

Experience : that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
quote by C.S Lewis
(the quote was funny and true)

0 comments: